Sunday 10 August 2008

I am soooo weird...

Dunno why... These past few days...I'm really interested with yaoi... You dunno what Yaoi ish??
Well, according to wikipedia, Yaoi is a popular term for fictional media that focuses on homosexual male relationships, yet is generally created by and for females. Originally referring to a specific type of dōjinshi parody of mainstream anime and manga works, yaoi came to be used as a generic term for female-oriented manga, anime, novels and dōjinshi featuring homosexual male relationships. In Japan, the term has largely been replaced by the rubric Boys' Love (ボーイズラブ Bōizu Rabu), which subsumes both parodies and original works, and commercial as well as dōjinshi works. Although the genre is called Boy's Love (commonly abbreviated as "BL"), the males featured are pubescent or older.

Don't get me wrong! I'm not bi and neither am I a lesbian. I'm straight and I enjoy being straight. However, one cannot avoid being an otaku and being an otaku means...you indulge into stuff that other people don't! Well, at least I think so.

My favorite Yaoi pairs as of now are the following:

Yuuri Shibuya and Wolfram Von Bielefeld (kyou kara maou)
Fuji Syuusuke and Tezuka Kunimitsu (Prince of tennis)
Fuji Syuusuke and Echizen Ryoma
Tezuka Kunimitsu and Echizen Ryoma

Wel, that's all about my yaoi addiction...
I'll be crossdressing as Yuuri Shibuya at the upcoming Yaoi con. Please watch out for that. I don't know if we're going official, however, please look forward to it.




No comments: