Tuesday 15 July 2008

World Cyber Games



Last Saturday was the World Cyber Games event and my friends and I decided to attend.
We already anticipated the fact that there weren't that many cosplayers in that convention but we still insisted in coming. We didn't actually stay in the con area all day, we roamed all around the mall of Asia and just took a few pics from the places that we passed and went to. It was still fun, even without the cosplay and anime excitement in the usual conventions that we go to. It feels really nice to get to be with friends after all.

It's been a long time since Umi, I and Aki got together for a con. During the last anime con, Mangaholix, we weren't able to actually enjoy the event as a group because we were all scattered. And during the WCG, it felt like the group was reunited somehow, although Yhuey wasn't present during that day. We spent the whole day chatting, checking on Comic Alley, making friends with the Comic Alley personnel and simply enjoying our little adventure. Aki still has to go home on his own to Cavite, while Umi and I had to traverse back to Laguna. For the whole day, I took three jeepney rides, two bus rides, one multicab ride and one tricycle ride. It was totally exhausting and yet totally fun as well. I look forward to the up coming Lights Out Yaoi Con this coming September.

If we enter the cospetition, it's going to be my very first experience to actually participate on a cosplay. Haha! I'll be crossplaying, Shibuya Yuuri from Kyou Kara Maou! or God(?)Save our King from Animax. He's one of my most favorite characters in all of the anime shows that I've watched. He is the lead character in this show and I really enjoy watching him and his antics. Umi will crossplay as Wolfram, the guy in blue, so we will be crossplay partners. They're both guys, thus the reason why we are entering a Yaoi con. It's going to be exciting! I've also managed to persuade my best friend, Hazel, to come with us and she's considering if she will go as Greta, Shibuya Yuuri's adopted daughter. It fits her character since Greta is also quite petite since she's only a kid.

That's it for now! Ja! Matta Ne!

No comments: